Most vegan treats use raw ingredients, which means they’re no-bake and perfect for someone like me, who doesn’t enjoy the whole baking process.
These no-bake lemon-lime meltaways are the perfect cookie for vegans or anyone looking for something easy to satisfy that sweet tooth. They’re soft and chewy and full of tangy citrus flavor, with a powdered sugar dusting to sweeten them up just enough. And the best part is that they take only 15 minutes to put together.
No-bake lemon-lime meltaways recipe
These sweet and tart no-bake treats use natural ingredients like coconut oil, fresh citrus juices and almond flour for an easy vegan dessert.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave
- 1/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Organic powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix very well.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Using a small spoon or small cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Once all the meltaways are spooned out onto the waxed paper, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and roll into balls, then roll the balls in powdered sugar to coat.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.