5 Recipes that will make a paper bag your favorite cooking tool (VIDEO)
Cooking with a brown paper bag may sound a little crazy, but not only do I like to get a little crazy in the kitchen, there are some really great reasons for using your leftover paper lunch sacks and grocery bags to prepare some of your favorite recipes, like easier prep, no-fuss cleanup and better all-around flavor. Not to mention you’ll now have a reason to use those paper bags that take up space in your pantry, and you'll look like a total Martha the next time you’re entertaining friends.
Watch as I show you five killer recipes to create using simple brown paper bags and tell you why it takes each recipe to the next level. You’ll see me make perfectly moist and golden brown paper bag chicken; individual, customizable brown bag brownies; and extra-crispy, spicy bacon with no-fuss cleanup.
1. Brown paper bag seasoned bacon recipe
- 1 grocery-size brown paper bag
- Parchment paper
- 8 strips bacon (thick cut)
- 1 tablespoon salt-free spice blend
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay a brown paper bag on a baking sheet.
- Cover with the parchment paper.
- Place strips of bacon across the sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the bacon with the spice blend.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.