20-Minute mushroom Alfredo is a perfect dish for lazy weeknights
Does your family love pasta? My readers have been telling me that their husbands can eat pasta every single day and never get sick of it.
This week during pasta night, make this quick and delicious pasta with white creamy mushroom and chicken sauce. They might not be your Italian nonna's authentic Fettuccini Alfredo, but they still taste amazingly good. This recipe is developed not to try to replace authenticity, but instead to help and fit in with your busy life — and it still meets everyone's demand for a great bowl of pasta (just don’t tell nonna).
You need less than 4 ingredients and dinner is ready under 20 minutes! Perfect for the superwoman like you during a busy weeknight. Imagine your husband coming home after work, he is tired and hungry. You serve this delicious new dish that is so easy to make. Your husbands praises the dish you made and your kids finish the whole bowl by themselves and asking for more. What can be more rewarding than knowing your family loves what you make?
20-Minute Alfredo with chicken and mushrooms
Note: there is no salt added in this recipe, because cream of mushroom soup has enough saltiness
- 1 lb/ 500 g fettucini (or linguini, spaghetti, pene pasta… whatever you have on hand, no need to run to the grocery store just for that)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (leftover boiled or rotisserie chicken is perfect for this dish)
- 4 oz/ 140 g sliced white mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 2 cans mushroom cream soup
- milk, measured in 1 can of mushroom cream
- chopped parsley for garnish
Step 1. Cook the pasta as per package directions for, 10 minutes.
Step 2. To save time, while your pasta is cooking, heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and the mushrooms, cook until mushrooms soften, 5 minutes.
- Add your garlic and cooked chicken, cook until chicken heats through and garlic is fragrant, 3 more minutes.
- Add 2 cans of mushroom cream soup.
- Pour the milk into an empty can of mushroom cream and add milk into the pan, and cook until everything is well combined and heats through, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- By now, your pasta is cooked. Drain it in a colander. Add the pasta back into the pot that it was cooked in.
Step 3. Pour the creamy sauce into the pot of pasta and toss everything well.
Serve your Alfredo pasta hot and feel free enjoying it with some Parmesan cheese on top. Your family won’t believe how delicious this lazy dish is. A perfect complement for a lazy weeknight.
If you had to choose between pasta and rice, what would you choose for a lazy dinner?