Go ahead and dig in — these gluten-free Cajun chicken tacos are full of flavor and color and piled high with great ingredients. You’ll love the crunch, color and flavor of these hand-held goodies.
The Cajun-spiced grilled chicken makes these tacos about as tasty as they can get. But don’t head to the store to search for prepackaged seasoning. It’s so easy to make your own to make this meal super flavorful.
Crunchy corn shells are perfect for the soft and savory chicken in these tacos. Top these high with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and red onion, then drizzle on the sour cream to keep things on the cool side.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free Cajun chicken tacos recipe
These crunchy, colorful tacos make a delicious Cajun-inspired meal. Add your favorite toppings, and dig in.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10-14 minutes | Total time: 20-24 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 gluten-free crunchy corn taco shells
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Diced red onion
- Sour cream, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne, paprika, garlic, thyme, cumin, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
- Use your fingers to press the seasoning mixture onto both sides of the chicken so it’s completely coated.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Set to medium-high. When the grill is hot, add the chicken, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. (The FDA notes that a safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F, as measured by a food thermometer.)
- Remove from the grill, and let the chicken sit for several minutes. Slice the chicken into 2- to 3-inch pieces. Assemble the tacos with the toppings and the chicken.
- Drizzle with sour cream, and serve immediately.