Greek yogurt keeps this cake tasting great without loading it down with fatty ingredients. And don’t forget the sprinkles — it wouldn’t be funfetti without the sprinkles.
Who doesn’t love a delicious homemade cake? What I don’t love about cake is how unhealthy it is and how it leaves me feeling guilty after eating it. Mind you, this is still cake, but with a few tweaks and enjoying a slice in moderation, it will keep you feeling great, not guilty.
This recipe skips the butter and oil and uses Greek yogurt to add a hint of tangy flavor while keeping it on the healthier side of things. The Greek yogurt gives the same flavor as a sour cream pound cake (but makes it healthier). I used plain yogurt in this recipe, but you can certainly add a flavored version if desired. This cake holds up well and will last several days stored in the refrigerator.
Greek yogurt-funfetti pound cake recipe
Dessert time gets a healthy makeover by skipping the fatty ingredients and using healthier Greek yogurt in this tasty baked dessert.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 40 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 cup plain or flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 cup raw honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, honey (or agave), butter extract and eggs.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until very smooth and there are no lumps.
- To a separate bowl, add the cake flour, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt and sprinkles.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center of the pound cake is completely baked.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and let it cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the loaf pan, and slice it into pieces.
- Store leftover cake in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.