Grill up some tofu, and toss it with cilantro-avocado noodles for a fabulous and easy-to-make meal. The avocado is so creamy and coats the noodles in all its goodness.
This Meatless Monday pasta dish is big on flavor — and color, too. It’s a little out of the ordinary, but I’m going to bet that you’ll turn to it again and again for a delightful meal.
When you blend up the avocado with garlic, cilantro, seasonings and the hot pasta water, you’ll get a creamy, no-cook sauce. What could be better, especially in the summer? The grilled tofu adds extra heartiness to a colorful and flavorful meal.
Grilled tofu with cilantro-avocado noodles and cherry tomatoes recipe
Creamy and full of flavor, this pasta dish stands on its own. It’s filling and doesn’t take up much of your precious time to prepare.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into triangles
- 4 ounces pasta noodles
- 1 large avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray a grill pan with the nonstick cooking spray. Set the grill to medium-low heat. Lightly brush both sides of the tofu with the olive oil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. As the pasta cooks and when the grill pan is hot, add the tofu to the grill.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly golden. Remove, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, when the pasta has finished cooking, drain it, but reserve about 3 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- To a food processor, add the avocado, pasta water, garlic, cilantro, remaining salt and the black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- While the pasta is warm, toss it with the avocado mixture. Add the tomato pieces, and toss to coat.
- Serve warm, topped with the grilled tofu and garnished with extra cilantro.