If you’re a fan of burgers stuffed with cheese, then you’re going to love this spin on the stuffed burger that’s full of hummus.
Not only do these crazy-good burgers have a surprise hummus center, but hummus and salsa are also mixed into the ground beef before making them into patties for a super-moist and juicy bite. To really up it over the top, there’s even more hummus and salsa on top.
One bite in, and you’ll be saying goodbye to your favorite frozen, boxed, store-bought burger brand and happily spend the 10 minutes of prep time these take.
Hummus-stuffed salsa burgers recipe
These beef burgers are stuffed with a hummus middle for a moist and gooey center that makes burger night a bit more fun.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup hummus, divided, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup salsa, plus more for topping
- 4 buns
- 4 slices cheese (optional)
- Heat an outdoor grill.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, spices, 1/4 cup of the hummus and salsa, and mix together with a spatula or your hands until thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even sections. Take half of 1 section, and form it into a patty. Place a tablespoon of hummus in the middle. Form the other half into a patty shape, and place it on top. Pinch around the edges to keep the hummus from oozing out while cooking. Repeat with the remaining 3 burgers.
- Place the burgers on the grill, and cook until desired doneness. Add cheese, if using, 1 minute before removing from the grill.
- Remove the burgers from the grill, place onto buns, and top with additional hummus and salsa before serving.
More burger recipes
Creamy, spicy jalapeño popper burgers
Leave a Comment