Hot dogs with a taco twist will make you ditch traditional toppings forever
Hot dogs get a flavorful twist when you combine them with your favorite taco flavors and ingredients. The beans for these dogs are flavored with tasty taco seasonings, then topped with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives and creamy sour cream. Dig in!
Nothing says summer like baseball and hot dogs! Fix these ballpark-style taco dogs, and catch a game on TV. You’ll feel like you’re really in the stadium, eating your favorite baseball food — with a twist. Traditional taco toppings are a home run when you serve them over hot dogs too.
These hot dogs are a cinch to make, and they’re filing and fun. Go for a baseball theme for a gathering, and serve them with other stadium favorites, like popcorn, peanuts and even beer or soda to get a feel for the real deal. These are a fun treat any day of the week.
Ballpark-style taco dogs recipe
What a fun meal to serve a crowd! Customize these dogs with your favorite toppings, like jalapeño rings, diced red onion and even avocado pieces.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
For the hot dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 hot dog buns
For the toppings
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon sauce (more or less, to taste) from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- Diced black olives
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and adobo sauce. Mix well. Taste, and adjust the seasonings as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the beans. Add the chili powder, cumin and onion powder. Mix well.
- Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Cook the hot dogs on a grill over medium heat according to package directions. Turn constantly to help the hot dogs develop grill marks. When cooked through, add them to the buns.
- Top with 3 heaping tablespoons or so of the beans, followed by the tomatoes, olives, lettuce and cheese.
- Drizzle with the sour cream, and serve immediately.