One-Pot Wonder: A fast tequila-lime shrimp dish takes the edge off the heat
As a small child, I would easily eat my weight in shrimp. My parents didn't dare buy it, because I would have eaten it all without sharing. (I know, such a nice kid.) But honestly, it was because shrimp is my favorite food of all time. And it shines in this dish.
Tons of flavor all thrown into one skillet and ready in 15 minutes. Did you see that? 15 minutes. That means you can go from starving to happy in no time. Who wouldn't want that?
Tequila-lime-cilantro shrimp skillet recipe
An easy one-skillet supper mingling the bright flavors of tequila, lime and fresh cilantro. Ready in just 15 minutes!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound small to medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- To a large skillet set over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter is hot, add in the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add in the shrimp and tequila, and cook for about 7 minutes, until the shrimp is plump and pink.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro, and squeeze half the lime over the shrimp. Stir to combine, and taste for additional seasoning.
- If you want more citrus seasoning, simply squeeze in more lime.