No-bake mango-chocolate cheesecakes: The cutest party trick ever?
When I was growing up in the Philippines, I was completely taken with mangoes. I was eating them as is, sometimes mixed with desserts or sometimes even with savory dishes. I consider them the best fruit in the world. Since they are indigenous there, mango recipes are abundant, and one of the favorite desserts there is mango cheesecake. Imagine a slice of cheesecake with a mound of fresh, bright yellow mango pulp dripping on the sides. It's heavenly!
I made a simple version that can easily be made in under half an hour and with no cooking or baking involved, just a bit of mixing. Just be mindful of the kind of mangoes you use. I use the Philippine carabao variety, and if you are in other parts of the world, get a variety that is similar to it, like Manila mangoes. The cream cheese you choose has to have a very mild taste — nothing cheesy, or it will taste too heavy. In the end, with a choice of good ingredients, you can have a delicious, simple dessert.
Mini mango cheesecake with chocolate crust in jars recipe
Sweet, ripe mangoes are delicious fruits to eat as is or mixed with desserts. With this no-bake cheesecake, in under half an hour you will have one good reason to keep on having mangoes.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces chocolate cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups mild cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 lemons, zest only, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh sweet mango pulp (like Manila mangoes), small diced
- In a food processor, grind the cookies until they become fine crumbs.
- To a medium bowl, transfer the cookie crumbs, then add in the cocoa powder and butter, and mix well. Divide the mixture among the 6 jars, and compress it well by pressing with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the cheesecake.
- In another small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar, 1/2 the lemon zest and the lemon juice well, until the mixture becomes compact. Distribute the mixture among the 6 jars, on top of the cookie crust, and refrigerate again.
- Mix the mangoes with the remaining lemon zest. Distribute the mixture among the 6 jars.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.