Slow Cooker Sunday: Spicy cilantro chicken that's seriously simple
I love to use my slow cooker all year long. When it's snowing it's great, because I can be bundled under a blanket, and dinner will just magically appear. In the summer it's great, because you don't have to heat up the whole house just to make dinner.
This super-flavorful citrus-cilantro slow cooker pulled chicken is perfect when eaten plain, piled high on nachos, stuffed into a taco or wrap or to top a hearty salad.
Spicy citrus-cilantro slow cooker shredded chicken recipe
Throw all your ingredients into the slow cooker, and have flavor-packed shredded chicken by dinnertime. This recipe is really that simple.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar medium-heat salsa
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- To a slow cooker, add the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker, and cover it with the salsa mixture.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender.
- Shred with a fork, and serve plain, in tacos or on nachos, as desired.