A hot dog that’s wrapped up in bacon and topped with gobs of slaw and barbecue sauce is what you need for dinner tonight.
Imagine tasting bacon with every bite of this hot dog. How wonderful is that? No need to imagine anymore — just make these hot dogs, and you can see for yourself how delicious they are.
They’re super easy to cook too. Just wrap up the hot dogs in bacon, and bake them in an oven. Take them out of the oven after the bacon crisps up, and you’re almost done. All that’s left is adding gobs of slaw to the top, and dinner is served.
For fun, try serving these hot dogs in buns that have the ends cut off. This way you can dig in by eating the hot dog meat first before ever coming close to the bun. Come hungry, and make extra.
Bacon-wrapped barbecue slaw dog recipe
This is not your ordinary hot dog. This hot dog is wrapped in bacon from head to toe and then topped with slaw and barbecue sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices uncooked bacon
- 6 hot dog buns
- 3 cups prepared cole slaw
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon. Tuck each end of the bacon under itself toward the middle of the hot dog.
- Lay the bacon-wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake until the bacon is cooked (approximately 15 minutes).
- Toast the hot dog buns to the desired doneness. Cut off each end of the bun so that the hot dog meat will stick out of both ends.
- Add the hot dog to the bun.
- Top with slaw, and drizzle with barbecue sauce.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.