Kick off your Fourth of July with a red, white and blue breakfast
Picnics, barbecues and fireworks. To a proud American, this means the Fourth of July: a celebration of our nation's independence and a great reason to celebrate with family and friends. And there is no better way to ensure you have the energy to make it to a spectacular light show than with a good breakfast!
Breakfast is not only one of the best ways to get the energy you need for your busy day, but can also aid in weight control, and is an amazing way to get in many of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to push through this exciting holiday. In celebration of our great country, I've come up with this spectacular red, white and blue breakfast parfait that's sure to please. The plums and blueberry provide antioxidants, the low-fat granola provides complex carbohydrates that help provide your muscle with energy (think jumping in bounce houses, twirling sparklers and oohing and aahing at fireworks) and plain Greek yogurt provides calcium for strong bones and protein to keep you full all morning long!
Red, white and blue breakfast parfait
- 1 ripe red plum, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup lowfat Bare Naked V'nilla Granola
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Place 1/4 cup of the blueberries at the bottom of a decorative cup or Mason jar.
- Layer 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt on top of blueberries.
- Add 1/4 cup of granola.
- Add half of the chopped plum.
- Repeat the layers process with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a decorative American flag next to the cup for decoration.
Happy Fourth of July, and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, visit my website.