One-Pot Wonder: Buffalo wings, meet mac 'n' cheese
This spicy spin on the most classic pasta dish in America gets its inspiration from the flavors of Buffalo chicken wings.
This super-flavorful pasta dish will win over the whole family when dinnertime rolls around. If you love the spicy heat from Buffalo wings and the super-creamy texture of macaroni and cheese, then the marriage of these two foods will win over your taste buds in a heartbeat.
Creamy cheddar mac and cheese is combined with diced chicken and Buffalo wing sauce and then topped with fresh chopped cilantro, ranch dressing and crumbled blue cheese. The spicy flavor of the chicken and the creamy texture of the pasta really go together perfectly in this recipe.
I opted to make things quick when making this dish and used boxed macaroni and cheese to save time. If you have the time to make it from scratch, go for it! This one-pot dish is perfect for dinner or even for entertaining guests if you are watching a sporting event or having a party.
Spicy one-pot Buffalo wing mac and cheese recipe
Spicy and creamy, this Buffalo wing-inspired mac and cheese dish is cooked in one pot and will easily win over everyone with its amazing taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 (7.25 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese (I used Kraft Deluxe)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot sauce or other hot sauce
For the topping
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta to the water, and cook as directed on the package.
- Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Add the cheese packets, heavy whipping cream, diced chicken and hot sauce.
- Mix well, and cover the pot with the lid. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, and spoon into serving bowls.
- Garnish with a drizzle of ranch dressing, and top with cilantro and crumbled blue cheese.
- Best served warm.