Beat the heat with this super-easy, healthy frozen dessert. Frozen strawberries and mango chunks are blended with Greek yogurt and sweetener for an irresistible frosty treat that’s good for you.
Nothing is more satisfying in the warmer months than a big bowl of frozen yogurt. These days, it seems like frozen yogurt is being sold everywhere, from the grocery store to individual yogurt shops. While tempting and, of course, delicious, why not save money and make a healthier version of your favorite frozen dessert right in your kitchen? And guess what! It takes only five minutes to do. Using frozen fruit, sweetener and Greek yogurt, you can easily whip up a batch of healthy froyo in literally minutes.
In this recipe, I used frozen organic strawberries and frozen mango that I had on hand. You can use just about any fruit you desire in this foolproof recipe. While store-bought frozen fruit is quick to grab, I often buy fresh fruits when they are on sale, prepare them myself and freeze them to save even more money and to keep things as organic as possible.
5-Minute strawberry-mango froyo recipe
Inspired by Just a Taste
This healthy frozen dessert uses frozen strawberries and mango and is blended with Greek yogurt for a cool and delicious treat.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the frozen strawberries, mango, lemon juice and agave nectar.
- Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Add the Greek yogurt, and blend for another minute, until the frozen yogurt is very smooth and creamy and there are no lumps or chunks of fruit.
- Serve immediately in bowls, cones or as desired.
- Transfer the remaining froyo to an airtight container with a lid, and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.