Gluten-free ice cream sandwiches with decadent double chocolate cookies
Cinnamon and chocolate together make a great dessert combo, and these cookies are no exception. Add your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt to the mix, and wow! I like to add vanilla ice cream, but you could try something with a touch of caramel, coffee or even mint.
The name of this cookie recipe is a bit of a mouthful, but you'll be thrilled with the results. I've taken their decadence up a notch by turning the cookies into ice cream sandwiches, but they're delicious on their own too.
These gluten-free cookies are super delicious, and the cinnamon adds another dimension to the flavor. You'll find these cookies to be a bit on the small side, but that's OK since they're so rich. They'll be a big hit when you serve them!
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free cinnamon-double chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches recipe
If you're turning these cookies into ice cream sandwiches, be sure to let them cool thoroughly before adding ice cream or frozen yogurt. If you'd rather eat them on their own, then grab a glass of milk or a cup of tea, and enjoy!
Yields 36 cookies or 18 ice cream sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Rest time: 30 minutes | Total time: 48 minutes
- 2-1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- Ice cream, for the cookie sandwich filling
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking pans with parchment paper, and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and instant coffee.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to blend the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, and continue to mix until smooth.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture a little at a time, and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips, and mix.
- Pinch off the dough, and form it into 2-inch balls. Place the dough balls on the covered baking pans about 2 inches apart, and bake for about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven, and flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a spatula. Continue to bake for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to sit for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt between 2 cookies to form ice cream sandwiches.