Need ideas for breakfasts you can make ahead of time and eat while running out the door? Not only are these three easy and delicious recipes good for you, but they taste great and save you time on busy mornings.
I don’t know about you, but around my house, the morning can be a very chaotic part of my day. With family leaving at different times and doing their own thing, breakfast is a hit or a miss in my house.
So why not make life (and mornings) easier by making breakfast ahead of time? These recipes are perfect for prepping beforehand and then enjoying the next day, saving you lots of stress when the mornings are crazy. These breakfast ideas are hearty and healthy and will keep you full for hours.
Almond butter, fresh fruit and granola breakfast wraps recipe
These easy wraps are filled with fresh fruit, almond butter and granola for a delicious and easy breakfast. This recipe can also double as a lunch and is great in lunchboxes.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 medium-size whole-grain tortillas
- 1/4 cup cream almond butter
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-natural granola (I used Purely Elizabeth brand)
- Divide the almond butter among the tortillas, and spread evenly down the centers.
- Top each tortilla with fresh strawberry and banana slices, and then sprinkle the top of each wrap with the granola.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then roll up tightly.
- Tightly wrap each breakfast wrap in plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
Easy egg-less veggie scramble bowls recipe
No eggs? No problem! Use silken tofu, garlic and lots of nutritional yeast for this tasty egg-free breakfast bowl. Make this ahead of time, and reheat in a portable container when you’re on your way out the door.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 (1 pound) block silken tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (found in health food stores)
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast and assorted fresh fruit, for serving
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the coconut oil and the crumbled tofu, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring on occasion.
- Add the seasonings to the tofu, along with the nutritional yeast. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide the cooked tofu among bowls, and top with diced tomatoes, green onions and fresh cilantro.
- Serve the egg-less scramble with whole-grain toast and fresh fruit of choice.
- Eat immediately, or separate into sided serving bowls, and keep in the refrigerator until ready to reheat and enjoy.
Peachy hemp seed-chia pudding recipe
Creamy vegan chia pudding is soaked in vanilla almond milk and topped with fresh peaches and hemp seeds.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 4 (8 ounce) Mason jars with lids
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tablespoons agave
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds to each Mason jar.
- To each jar, pour 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk, and then add 1 tablespoon of agave nectar.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding with cinnamon, and then place the lids on the jars.
- Shake each jar for 30 seconds, and then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, top each pudding jar with sliced peaches and then with 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds.
- Best served cold.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More grab-and-go breakfast ideas
Make-ahead salami-egg breakfast bowls
Easy stuffed croissants
Homemade breakfast cookies
Leave a Comment