Homemade coconut butter is so much easier to make than you think
Ever notice how ridiculously expensive coconut butter is at the grocery store? Well, I am here to tell you that not only can you make this creamy, sweet goodness right at home, but you can also save a ton of money in the process.
When at my local health food store, I was looking at several brands of coconut butter that ranged in price from $9 to $13 or more. With this recipe, all you need is three super-simple ingredients and a good food processor or high-speed blender, and in literally minutes, you will have your own creamy coconut butter for a fraction of what it costs at the store.
If you have never had coconut butter, which is not to be confused with coconut oil, it is a super-thick and slightly sweet spread made of coconut meat. This is wonderful smeared on toast or melted and drizzled over pancakes or even fresh fruits or ice cream.
Easy homemade coconut butter recipe
Prepare your very own batch of homemade coconut butter right in your very own kitchen with just a few simple ingredients.
Yields 1-1/4 cups
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound unsweetened shredded coconut (do not used sweetened coconut)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- To a bowl of a food processor, add the shredded coconut, melted coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend on high for a minute, until the coconut starts to break down.
- Remove the lid from the food processor, and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Blend several times in 1-minute intervals (while scraping the bowl down) until the coconut butter is very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a glass jar with a lid, such as a Mason jar, and store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 month.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.