Watermelon and white wine is the perfect summer combination. This drink takes all those flavors and throws them together into one lightly fizzy cocktail. Just puree some watermelon, mix it with your favorite sweet white wine, and top with fizzy seltzer water. It’s the ideal warm-weather cocktail.
If you’re looking for a nonalcoholic way to prepare the drink, simply sub out the white wine with your favorite fruit juice. I think it would be great with white grape juice or even pineapple juice.
Watermelon white wine spritzer recipe
Sweet summer watermelon puree mixed with sweet white wine and bubbly seltzer water — it’s the perfect summer cocktail.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 bottle sweet white wine
- 1 liter cold seltzer water
- Lime slices, for serving
- To a blender, add the cubed watermelon, and puree until smooth.
- Once smooth, strain the watermelon juice through a fine mesh strainer. This will help take out some of the watermelon pulp.
- To a large pitcher, add 2 cups of watermelon juice and 1 bottle of sweet white wine.
- Fill a glass with ice and then 3/4 full with the watermelon-wine mixture. Top with seltzer water to make the drink fizzy. Serve with lime slices, and enjoy cold.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.