Summer is in full swing, and there are two things I want to spend my time doing.
Firstly, stuff my face with as much delightful summer produce as I can handle (the first tomatoes of summer leave me weak in the knees), and secondly, spend as much time as possible enjoying the beautiful weather. Luckily these recipes offer up a delicious compromise — flavorful meals full of the best fruits and veggies the season has to offer, and quick and easy dishes that allow you to spend less time slaving over a hot stove and more time enjoying alfresco dining.
1. Sweet summer corn chowder with pesto recipe
With a dollop of fresh pesto, this sweet corn chowder proves that soup in the summer is definitely a good idea.
2. Skirt steak grilled cheese recipe
This skirt steak grilled cheese is actually cooked on the grill, making it perfect for your next barbecue.
3. Gluten-free antipasto pasta salad recipe
Full of fresh veggies, cured meats and cheese, this gluten-free antipasto pasta salad is a great picnic dish.
4. One-pot fresh mango and chicken-zucchini noodle stir-fry recipe
This fast and flavorful one-pot stir-fry gives you maximum yum with minimal time spent in a hot kitchen.
5. Chipotle chicken carnitas taco salad recipe
Spicy chicken and cool, crisp veggies combine here for a totally refreshing summer salad.
6. Creamy mushroom fettuccine recipe
This lightened-up mushroom fettuccine is the perfect summer comfort food for when you’re craving sweater weather.
7. Skillet Mexican tortilla pie recipe
This one-skillet tortilla pie is ready in under an hour, and cleanup is a cinch, meaning you won’t be trapped in a hot kitchen for any longer than is necessary.
8. Slow cooker pulled chicken fajita sandwiches recipe
These pulled chicken fajita sandwiches are made in a slow cooker, so you won’t even have to heat up the stove or oven to get dinner on the table.
9. Tilapia tacos with mango and tangy slaw recipe
These healthy tacos with mango are served with a tangy slaw that’ll fit right in at all your summer barbecues.
10. Walnut and spinach burgers with tomato-mango chutney recipe
Keep it light in the hot weather with these tasty veggie burgers, served with a bright tomato-mango chutney that you’ll be spooning onto everything.
11. Roasted red pepper and potato salad recipe
This picnic staple gets a healthy makeover with peppery arugula and sweet red peppers in this summery recipe.
12. Pesto-cauliflower pizza crust recipe
Keep things low carb this summer and still get your pizza fix (because no one should go without pizza!) with this pesto-cauliflower pizza crust.
13. One-pot apricot chicken with summer vegetables recipe
This easy summer meal is loaded with veggies, keeping things nice and healthy, while apricot-glazed chicken will fill you right up.
14. Slow cooker adobo carne asada soft tacos recipe
Tacos and warm weather go hand in hand, and thanks to your slow cooker, you won’t even be stuck in the kitchen making this carne asada recipe.
15. Ultimate mini ice cream sundaes recipe
These totally craveable mini sundaes come in their own edible bowls, and they’re perfectly portion-sized so you won’t accidentally overindulge.
16. Mini blueberry lemon mascarpone cheesecake recipe
Bright lemon and sweet blueberries keep these mini cheesecakes from tasting anything but light.
17. No-bake vegan Meyer lemon mini tarts recipe
These vegan Meyer lemon mini tarts will please any sweet tooth, and best of all, you won’t even have to turn on the oven.
18. Mini Irish cream and coffee ice cream sandwich recipe
Ice cream sandwiches get an adult twist in this recipe thanks to creamy, boozy Irish cream liqueur.
19. 3-Ingredient gluten-free pie crust for mixed berry pie recipe
Make the most of summer produce with a mixed-berry pie baked in a gluten-free crust that everyone can enjoy.
20. Raspberry-double chocolate ice cream recipe
Refreshing yet decadent, this raspberry-chocolate ice cream is the ultimate summer indulgence.
21. Tiramisu ice pops recipe
Forget the junk you can buy in the frozen aisle at the store — these tiramisu ice pops are totally transcendent.
22. Minty cucumber and lime wine cooler recipe
Cool and refreshing with a hint of lime, these cucumber-mint wine coolers are perfect by the pool.
23. Shirley Temple milkshake recipe
Your favorite drink from childhood gets the summer treatment thanks to plenty of ice cream in this nostalgic recipe.
24. Sparkling strawberry-mint slush cooler recipe
These alcohol-free frozen strawberry-mint drinks will kick any party up a notch.
25. Grilled pineapple frozen piña colada cocktail recipe
Put your grill to good use this summer by whipping up a batch of these insanely flavorful grilled pineapple and toasted coconut piña coladas.