Cilantro-lime baked wings — no deep fryer needed for crispy perfection
I have always had a love for chicken wings. While I think they are great fried, sometimes I just don't want to bust out the deep fryer. Instead you can get that same crispy exterior just by simply baking your wings. Plus the cilantro-lime combination is the perfect burst of fresh flavor.
Even though these wings taste great on their own, they pair perfectly with a quick, homemade cilantro-lime sour cream dipping sauce. It's the perfect combination of fresh and tart flavors. Trust me, you'll go crazy over these wings.
Cilantro-lime crispy baked chicken wings recipe
Baked chicken wings come out super crispy every single time and taste even better when tossed in a simple cilantro-lime sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 12 chicken drumettes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely minced
- 1 lime, zested
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with a metal baking rack. This will help the fat drip from the chicken and keep the chicken wings crispy.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken, and add in the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and kosher salt. Toss to coat the wings.
- Add the wings to the prepared baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, flip, and cook for another 20 minutes until fully cooked.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, cilantro and lime zest. Add the hot wings to the butter mixture, and toss to combine.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
Cilantro-lime sour cream dipping sauce recipe
This super-simple, flavor-packed dipping sauce pairs perfectly with chicken wings, or it's even great on top of tacos or nachos.
Yields 1 cup
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 teaspoons finely minced cilantro
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, cilantro and kosher salt. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more lime juice to help thin it out.
- Taste, and add more kosher salt if desired.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.