Summer is here, and the heat is ramping up. What better way to cool off than with a refreshing adults-only drink made with fresh berries and basil?
These ice-cold gin slushies are a wonderful treat on a hot summer’s day or eve. They’re easy to make and taste ever so good. I especially like it when a recipe is quick to whip up like this one is and looks so colorful and pretty when served. Just top off the slushies with a small sprig of basil, and pull up a straw.
The hint of basil in the slushie is a fun surprise that pairs nicely with the three types of berries.
The blend of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries gives this slushie a burst of flavor to the very last sip.
Boozy berry-basil slushie recipe
This spiked slushie made especially for adults is bursting at the seams with fresh berries and a hint of basil — a perfect treat for a hot summer day.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, frozen
- 12 large strawberries, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 7 basil leaves, for the slushie
- 4 small sprigs basil, for garnish
- To a blender, add the ice, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, lemon-lime soda, gin, sugar and basil leaves. Blend until the ice is smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses, and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.