Pizza Hut has just unveiled its new Hot Dog Bites pizza, but there’s no need to call for delivery when it’s this easy to hack the recipe for a fast, homemade version.
While this might sound odd, have you ever thought about making your own hot dog-stuffed crust pizza? This unusual concoction is currently trending thanks to Pizza Hut and is super easy to whip up at home. I’ll show you how.
Using premade pizza dough and hot dogs, you can easily make this popular pizza in your own kitchen. Store-bought dough keeps things simple and requires less time in the kitchen for Mom (which I love).
You can use any type of hot dog in this recipe, whether it’s beef, chicken, turkey or even veggie hot dogs if you want to keep things vegetarian. Kids and adults will have fun chowing down on this dish. This is also a fun recipe for entertaining if you are looking for a unique finger food idea.
Gather your ingredients. Unroll each package of pizza dough, and place one of them on the baking sheet. Cut the other one into a total of 16 strips.
Slice the hot dogs in half, and then wrap each sliced hot dog with a strip of pizza dough.
Top the pizza dough with pizza sauce, cheese and slices of pepperoni, and then form a crust by placing the wrapped hot dogs around the edges of the pizza.
Bake the pizza until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley for a pop of color. Cut into pieces, and serve warm.
Super-easy hot dog-stuffed crust pizza recipe
This recipe hack of Pizza Hut’s latest Hot Dog Bites pizza is so easy to make at home.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 (13.8 ounce) cans store-bought pizza dough
- 8 full-size hot dogs (sliced in half) or 16 mini hot dogs (any type, such as chicken, pork or veggie dogs)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni, for topping
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 can of pizza dough into your desired pizza shape, and place it on the baking sheet.
- Roll out the second can of pizza dough, and cut it into 4 equal-size pieces. Cut each of the 4 pieces of dough into 4 strips for a total of 16 strips.
- Wrap each sliced hot dog with a strip of pizza dough.
- Top the pizza crust with the pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs around the border of the pizza to create a crust.
- Bake the pizza for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Cut into wedges or slices, and serve warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.