10 Fun ways to get to know your neighbors this summer
Summer is an awesome time to connect with the people who live near you. Kids will be riding bikes and running through sprinklers, neighbors will be watering flowers and pulling weeds. Suddenly the whole neighborhood will be bustling with activity and everyone will be more laid back and carefree. Which makes it the perfect time for a get together!
I'm lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that's full of families with young kids. Everyone spends a lot of time outside, the kids play together and I have plenty of opportunities for casual conversation. But wouldn't it be fun, in my neighborhood and yours, if we all came together and really connected?
It would be simple enough, really, and potentially so much fun to be more purposeful about spending time with the people who live closest to us. And, aside from the fun, coming together with neighbors is a great way to build a strong sense of community. There's no substitute for a network of good people watching out for one another, and when you actually know one another, it's that much better! So I put together a list of 10 fun ways to bring neighbors together this summer, with the help of VitaFrute™ cocktails! Some are tried and true, some are brand new, but all are simple, fun and inviting!
10 Fun ways to bring neighbors together this summer
- Host a weekly happy hour. Set out some chips and salsa and serve VitaFrute™ cocktails.
- Have a bonfire... with s'mores... and beverages, of course.
- Hold a lawn games tournament.
- Fire up the grill. Grill up some hot dogs and send the kids to gather neighbors!
- Plan a backyard cocktail party. Adults only!
- Put on a fireworks show. Get some noisemakers for the kids and some cocktails for the adults. Done!
- Host a themed potluck. Or any potluck. Potlucks bring people together!
- Offer an adult option at your kids' lemonade stand. What a great way to spend time with your kids and get to know some new neighbors!
- Organize a round robin (a game where all teams or players take turns playing each other). That's the great thing about neighbors. They make round robins easy!
- Start a "traveling watermelon" tradition. If the watermelon makes its way to your front door, it's your turn to hollow it out and host!
Never hollowed out a watermelon before? No worries - I made mine in no time at all! Here's how:
Watermelon punch bowl
- Start with an oblong watermelon
- Cut off the top 1/3.
- Cut off just enough of the bottom to create a flat base for your punch bowl.
- Scoop out the watermelon flesh using a large spoon.
- Fill your punch bowl with your favorite VitaFrute cocktail!
In case you haven't had the chance to try VitaFrute™ yet, let me tell you a little bit about it. It's a ready-to-drink cocktail that comes in four delicious flavors: Margarita, Coconut Colada, Cosmopolitan and Lemonade. It's made with premium VEEV® Açaí Spirit and uses only the finest Certified Organic ingredients. VitaFrute cocktails are lower in calories than traditional cocktails, but without the typical "skinny" flavor. And most importantly, they're delicious! Perfect for bringing neighbors together to relax and enjoy the long days of summer!
The best part? You can earn up to $6.00 cash back instantly on VitaFrute Cocktails with mobile app, ibotta. Download the app and find VitaFrute in the Beer, Wine, and Spirits category.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by VitaFrute™ Cocktails by VEEV® and SheKnows