These sloppy Joe-infused tacos are the best of both worlds.
First you get to enjoy the comfort food taste of a sloppy Joe. And second, you get to have it in a crispy taco shell. Sloppy Joes make the perfect filling to go inside a crunchy taco shell. For a fun way to serve these, set the tacos in the same pan that the sloppy Joes were made in.
This way it’s even more sloppy. The sloppier, the better, right? Yes, it is when it comes to these delish sloppy Joes — I mean tacos.
It may even be the first time that you have ketchup in your tacos.
Sloppy Joe crispy tacos recipe
Quick and easy homemade sloppy Joes served in crispy taco shells make a deliciously messy meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 dashes salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 6 crispy taco shells
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a medium-size skillet on medium heat, and add the olive oil, onions, bell pepper and jalapeño.
- Stir and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper and onion powder. Continue to stir as the ingredients are cooking until the ground beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and water.
- Stir together. Cover with a lid, and simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens (about 8 minutes).
- Just before serving, stir the mixture.
- Serve in crispy taco shells, and top with cheese.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.