I have a special love for homemade ice cream.
When I was a kid, my family and I would make fresh summer ice cream almost every single weekend. We would take turns churning it until it came out perfectly smooth. Then my dad would put it into the freezer, and we would wait impatiently for it to harden.
This rich and fudgy ice cream tastes just as great but requires no churning. That’s right. Just a few simple ingredients get thrown together to create the perfect summertime dessert.
Raspberry-double chocolate ice cream recipe
Welcome summer with a delicious homemade double chocolate ice cream mixed with fresh, sweet raspberries, no churning required.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup slightly mashed fresh raspberries
- To a large bowl of an electric mixer, add the heavy cream, and whip until it reaches firm peaks. Set aside.
- In another bowl, slowly mix together the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Once blended, stir in the chocolate chunks and raspberries.
- Fold in the whipped cream until fully combined. Try to not stir too hard, or you will deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container, cover, and let freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.