5 Beer recipes so you can eat your favorite brew (VIDEO)
I confess: However unladylike the stereotype may be about babes and beers, I've long loved the ritual of cracking a cold one on a hot summer night and trying new craft brews and beer varieties from around the world whenever I get the chance.
So of course, it seemed like the next natural step in my beer love story to infuse this refreshing drink into my summer cooking regimen, and it may be one of the best culinary adventures I've ever taken! In this episode of 1 Item, 5 Ways, watch as I take this frothy item to the next level and create five delicious dishes using beer as the star ingredient, including perfectly fluffy buttermilk Blue Moon pancakes, decadently gooey dark chocolate Guinness brownies and a Stella-battered Gruyère and apple grilled cheese to die for.
1. Blue Moon buttermilk pancakes recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Blue Moon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add beaten egg, buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter into dry mixture.
- Whisk or mix until blended.
- Add beer and whisk.
- Heat skillet or griddle to medium heat over burner, coat skillet with coconut oil cooking spray (or any other cooking spray).
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto skillet for each pancake, flip and cook until golden brown.