Piña colada oat cookies you won't feel guilty about eating
With bikini season upon us, I know I'm not the only one out there watching what I shove in my face lately as far as food goes. OK, actually, if we're being honest, I've been on a paleo challenge for the last 20-something days, and I've been doing a bit more than just "watching" and more like "obsessing." I've done one before and loved the results, so I figured, what better time to essentially "reset" my diet than right before summer officially starts?
That said, I have every intention of adding all foods back into my diet, including healthy whole grains. These cookies not only have a whole-grain base, but they're made with coconut oil, unsweetened coconut flakes and coconut sugar. Definitely not like the calorie bomb drink their name comes from, yet all the beachy taste, because everyone needs dessert, even in bikini season.
Piña colada oat cookies recipe
Get bikini season-ready with these oat-based piña colada cookies, a healthier dessert option for summer.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 12 minutes | Total time: 22 minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple (if using pineapple from a can, make sure to drain well)
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, coconut and pineapple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, coconut oil, lime juice and egg.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball, and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cookie dough is used up.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.