Pan-fried chicken thighs are one of my favorite go-to quick meals. It cooks up in no time and always pleases the whole family, which at times can seem almost impossible. This dish gives you crispy chicken but in a creamy, herb-packed sauce. So delicious and crazy easy to throw together.
Crispy chicken thighs with creamy sun-dried tomato and basil sauce recipe
Need the perfect weeknight meal? Crispy pan-roasted chicken thighs paired with creamy sun-dried tomato and basil sauce is your answer.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Lay out the chicken, and season the fronts and backs with kosher salt and pepper.
- To a large skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken skin sides down, and cook until fully browned. Flip, and cook the other sides until browned. At this point your chicken should be fully cooked.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate, and make your sauce.
- To the same skillet, add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir until the cream cheese is smooth and melted. Note: If the sauce is too thick, simply thin it out with more cream or milk.
- Stir in the basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the chicken to the skillet just to coat.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food page on Facebook.