Make 3-ingredient Baymax fudge for your next Big Hero 6 party
Make this easy three-ingredient vanilla fudge inspired by everyone's favorite inflatable robot character, Baymax, from Disney's Big Hero 6.
Disney continues to knock it out of the park with its animated flicks. Big Hero 6 was one of my kid's favorite movies from last year. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's an animated film about a group of school friends who come together to use their high-tech abilities (including robots) to battle a masked villain. One of the main characters is a big, inflatable robot named Baymax, and he steals everyone's heart in the movie.
He's been showing up in all kinds of treat forms — cupcakes, cookies, cakes, cake pops — you name it. I thought making him in fudge form would be fun and easy and a neat addition to any Big Hero 6-themed party or just for a fun treat.
This recipe is so simple too. For the fudge, you need only two ingredients that you mix together and then chill until it hardens. Cut out the Baymax heads, add his eye features, and that's basically it. It's really so simple and easy.
3-Ingredient Baymax vanilla fudge recipe
This fudge recipe has only two ingredients. If you prefer, you can always use your favorite homemade vanilla fudge recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 12 ounces vanilla chips (about 4 cups)
- Black candy melting wafers (or chocolate chips)
- To a microwave-safe bowl, add the chips, and microwave them in 25-second intervals until they are melted. Stir between heatings.
- Stir in the can of frosting, and mix well. Add the mixture to a 9 x 9-inch pan lined with parchment paper or foil (spray with nonstick cooking spray), and spread it evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the fudge block from the pan, and cut out Baymax head shapes. You can use an oval-shaped template and cut around it with a knife, or you can use a small, circular cookie cutter.
- In a freezer bag, melt the candy wafers or chocolate chips in the microwave in 10-second intervals.
- Once the candy has just melted, snip an end off a corner of the bag, and pipe on Baymax eye features. Let harden for 5 minutes.