Cauliflower pizza crust infused with fresh pesto for a huge flavor boost
Seriously, who doesn't love pizza? I know I do, and in fact, I must have it at least once a week, since it's my favorite food. But did you know you can make pizza at home and make it super delicious without using any flour?
This cauliflower pizza crust is so impressive that you seriously might not ever want the flour versions again. To give my crust a lot of flavor, I added a few spoonfuls of pesto into the dough before baking. It adds such a lovely, fresh flavor to this already super-tasty way of enjoying pizza.
Top your pizza with anything you desire. Literally! I used fresh sliced tomatoes, basil and extra part-skim mozzarella on this version.
Pesto-cauliflower pizza crust recipe
Pesto adds bright flavor to this already delicious homemade pizza crust made from fresh cauliflower.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
For the pizza crust
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets removed (washed and dried)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole organic egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil pesto (I used store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella
- Sliced roma tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a food processor, add the cauliflower florets, and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, and cook for 4 minutes on high. Remove, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To a mixing bowl, add the cooled cauliflower along with the remaining pizza crust ingredients, and mix well.
- Dump the mixture out onto the baking sheet, and form into desired pizza crust shape.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until the edges start to brown and crisp up.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and top with desired toppings. Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
- Slice the pizza, and serve warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.