No-bake Meyer lemon tarts are a vegan's dream dessert
This dessert is not only vegan — it's raw too. But you'd never guess once you have a taste. Nuts, dates and coconut form a crust that is filled with a cashew filling along with fresh lemon and agave for a lovely citrus treat.
I'm not a vegan, but I absolutely adore vegan foods and especially vegan desserts. Nowadays, with plant-based diets being all the rage, it makes me appreciate the creativity and ideas vegans come up with.
One of my hands-down favorite dessert flavors is lemon. I love the bright, slightly tangy, citrus flavor lemon lends to desserts, especially in these no-bake Meyer lemon tarts.
The crust for these tarts is as good as the filling. Using dried dates in the recipe acts not only as a sweetener but as a binder to help the crust stay intact and hold its shape.
No-bake vegan Meyer lemon mini tarts recipe
This vegan, no-bake dessert is full of healthy, natural ingredients, such as real lemon juice, coconut oil and nuts, for an amazing citrus treat.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
For the crust
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 6 large, pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zested
- Stevia, to taste (optional; I used 5 drops)
- 6 mini tart pans with removable bottoms
For the filling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients for the crust.
- Blend on high about 2 to 3 minutes or until the ingredients are very fine and resemble a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough among 6 mini tart pans, and press the dough down so it molds into the shape of the pans.
- Wipe the food processor clean, and add the ingredients for the filling.
- Blend on high 2 minutes or until the filling is very smooth and creamy. Scrape down the bowl halfway through processing.
- Divide the filling among the tart pans, and place the tarts in the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator when ready to enjoy.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.