These delightful bite-size wonders are so easy to make it’s not even funny.
Cute little ice cream sandwiches are the perfect dessert for making ahead of time. The ice cream is spiked with just a bit of Irish cream, which tastes amazingly delicious. And the good news is that these ice cream sandwiches are little. So that means you can have seconds and not feel guilty about it.
And while you’re at it, have thirds. Who’s counting anyway?
All you need are three ingredients. And if you really want to jazz up these cuties, add some candy sprinkles for good measure.
Mini Irish cream and coffee ice cream sandwich recipe
This delightful mini ice cream sandwich spiked with Irish cream is made in minutes with only three ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 3 hours | Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 3 cups coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream
- 36 vanilla wafer cookies (amount may vary depending on the quantity of ice cream used in each sandwich)
- 1/2 cup chocolate candy sprinkles (optional)
- To a small- to medium-size bowl, add the ice cream and Irish cream. Gently stir together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer until the ice cream hardens (about 2 hours).
- Top a cookie with a small scoop of ice cream (about 2 tablespoons), and top the ice cream with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Roll the ice cream (that’s in the middle of the sandwich) into candy sprinkles, if desired.
- Set the ice cream sandwiches on a plate lined with waxed paper, and put back into the freezer until just before serving.