The Shirley Temple grew up, and it's even better as a margarita
This margarita is all about nostalgia — and great flavors, of course.
The minute you taste this delicious margarita, it will bring back childhood memories of drinking a Shirley Temple. Even though this Shirley Temple is made for adults, it still comes with the classic maraschino cherries.
When I was a kid, one of my favorite things about enjoying a Shirley Temple was eating the cherry. And now that I'm a big kid, I still love the cherries, which is why I put extra in this margarita.
So when you're feeling nostalgic, make yourself a Shirley Temple with a spiked twist to it, margarita style. And don't forget to add extra cherries.
Shirley Temple margarita recipe
A childhood favorite drink with a spiked twist to it, this Shirley Temple margarita is made with lime and extra cherries.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/3 cup tequila (4 ounces)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cups ice cubes (for the margarita)
- Margarita salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1 lime quarter, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (optional)
- 6 maraschino cherries, stems on, for garnish
- 2 lime slices, for garnish
- To a blender, add the grenadine syrup, lemon-lime soda, tequila, lime juice and ice.
- Blend on the smoothie setting.
- Rim the serving glasses with a quarter piece of lime.
- Rim the serving glasses with margarita salt.
- Add 2 cherries to the bottom of each serving glass.
- Add small ice cubes to each serving glass.
- Pour the margarita mixture into the serving glasses, and garnish with lime and a cherry.
- Serve right away.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.