Kids can easily decorate these tie-shaped pizzas with Dad’s favorite toppings for a fun, edible gift. The bonus is that Father’s Day dinner is fast and simple to make.
By using a premade pizza crust, you can save a lot of time and effort in the kitchen.
While the kids will need help cutting out the tie shapes and slicing up ingredients, they can do all the topping of the pizza, which means very little hands-on time for Mom.
But the best part of these pizzas will be the delight on your children’s faces when Dad oohs and aahs over their pizza creations.
Tie-shaped pizza recipe
We used peppers, olives and pepperoni, but you can definitely swap out these toppings for whatever Dad likes best. Depending on the ages of your kids, you will need to help with cutting out the tie shapes and getting the pizza in and out of the oven.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 precooked pizza crust, like Boboli
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olives, sliced
- Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the pizza crust into 2 tie shapes. This is easiest if you make a template out of paper first.
- Let the kids spread each tie with a tablespoon of tomato sauce and sprinkle them with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Now the kids can choose the toppings to make their design.
- Top the additional scraps of crust with remaining sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake the pizza pieces on a pan for about 8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is just turning golden in a few spots.