Homemade mango and pineapple jam is exactly what your toast wants
We all buy our jams because it is easier that way, and when we find a flavor we love, it's hard to change. But sometimes it's nice to make our own when we have fresh fruit on hand.
I remember how much I loved mango jam when I was growing up. How can I forget when it was the only flavor I spread on my toast? When I have a ripe mango and pineapple, I like to make jam with them, adding a touch of lime, which gives an aromatic edge to this fantastic marriage of flavors.
This is such a simple recipe you can easily make at home. However, because of its lower sugar content, it has to be refrigerated and should be stored for just a few days. So make a small batch, and try it. You might want to make your own jam from now on.
Mango and pineapple jam with lime zest recipe
When you want a different kind of jam to start your morning, this mango and pineapple jam can give a delicious twist to your toast.
Yields 3 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups ripe mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups pineapple, roughly chopped
- 1 organic lime, zest and juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the mango, pineapple and sugar. Once boiling, simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Using an immersion blender, smooth the mixture in the saucepan, and then add the lime juice and zest. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Cook for another 10 minutes
- Transfer the jam to a jar, let it cool, and then refrigerate it. You can store this jam for up to a week.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.