Grilled shrimp and roasted zucchini salad screams summer
One taste, and you will understand how good this summer vegetable and seafood salad is.
When summer comes, my diet becomes lighter, and this is the time of year when I prepare more fresh salads than ever. Passing by the fresh produce the farmers have harvested is one thing I love. With all the fresh summer vegetables and fruits, it's an abundance of healthy and good ingredients to put together in delicious salads. The possibilities are endless, and the fun part is understanding what goes together well. It's a game of mix and match with colors, flavors and nutrients.
For this salad, I chose baby summer zucchini, one of the summer squashes available during this period. They were roasted in the oven with basic ingredients to enhance the flavor. The shrimp were simply grilled for just a few minutes on the griddle. And the best part? The miso dressing, which gives the salad an overall fantastic taste. It's absolutely a must-try. In fact, it's one of our favorite salads at home.
Roasted zucchini and shrimp salad with miso dressing recipe
When you want to celebrate the different kinds of summer squash coming in, this is a fantastic shrimp salad recipe that I recommend. It has great flavors coming together in one dish, and the miso dressing gives it a richer taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 small zucchini, sliced in half vertically (can replace with any other kind of summer squash)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 10 big shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers, roughly chopped
- Baby lettuce (can replace with any other kind of green, as desired)
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste (if using white or yellow miso, use more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (muscovado sugar is good)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the zucchini with the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and then transfer to a baking dish. Roast for 30 minutes, and then let cool.
- Meanwhile, on a hot griddle over medium heat, cook the shrimp on both sides. Set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, mix together the miso paste, mirin, the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, the sugar, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- After the zucchini has cooled down, on a serving plate, mix together the zucchini, shrimp, roasted peppers, arugula and baby lettuce. Pour the dressing when ready to serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.