Mashed bananas, gluten-free oats and chocolate chips make this breakfast treat super healthy. Frost your cookie pie with lightly sweetened Greek yogurt, and top with fresh fruit for a fun, easy breakfast.
Everyone loves cookies, but what if I told you this cookie recipe was specifically for breakfast only? Yes, that’s right — a cookie made just for morning time. For this recipe I used super-ripe bananas that I mashed really well and then combined with rolled oats, chocolate chips, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
We love using Greek yogurt and fresh fruits to top of our breakfast cookie, which, by the way, we serve “pie”-style by cutting it into wedges.
5-Ingredient breakfast cookie pie recipe
Oats, mashed bananas and chocolate chips are the base of this healthy, baked breakfast cookie. Top with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit for a healthy start to the day.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
For the breakfast cookie pie
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the topping
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave or pure maple syrup
- Fresh fruit for topping, such as peaches and strawberries
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl, add the bananas, and mash very well.
- Stir in the rolled oats, chocolate chips, cinnamon and sea salt, and mix well.
- Form the mixture into a ball, and place it on the cookie sheet. Gently press the dough into a large cookie shape.
- Bake the cookie for 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, vanilla and agave, and mix well.
- Remove the cookie from the oven, and frost the top with the yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with desired fresh fruit and fresh mint leaves, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.