Fruity wine slushies will make your lazy summer days better
As a kid, I loved the homemade fruit slushies my mom would make during the warmer months. Now that I'm an adult, I decided to travel back to this childhood recipe and transform it into something more grown up.
Using pink moscato wine for this recipe adds sweetness to the already sweet fruit without overpowering it. This type of wine also isn't bitter, making it great for this cocktail.
I chose to use frozen peaches and frozen mango, but almost anything could work here. Think pineapple, oranges, strawberries or even sweet melon. I also like to buy extra fruit when it is on sale and cut it up myself and then freeze it rather than spend lots of money on bags of frozen fruit, but store-bought frozen fruit is just as good should you have that on hand.
Frutiy moscato wine slushie recipe
Make this easy frozen slushie grown-up by using sweet moscato wine blended with frozen fruit and topped off with fizzy lemon-lime soda.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 cup frozen mango slices
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 4 cups pink moscato wine, divided
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- To a high-speed blender or food processor, add the peaches, mangoes, agave and 1 cup of the pink moscato wine.
- Blend on high until the fruit is pureed and very smooth.
- Slowly add in the remaining wine until a thick slush forms.
- Divide the mixture among 4 large glasses, and top the slushies off with a splash of lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired, and serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.