Sometimes a dessert tastes so good you might want to lick the bowl. This is a dessert with a bowl you can actually eat. In fact, some would argue it’s the best part. Fill this peanutty, crunchy bowl with chocolate ice cream, dollop with whipped topping, and sprinkle with your favorite goodies. You’ll be delighted.
The flavors! The fun! These ultimate mini sundaes with crispy peanut butter marshmallow cereal bowls taste great… literally, the bowls taste great too. These bowls are made like your favorite marshmallow treats.
Serve these bowls with your favorite ice cream and toppings for a special celebration. But keep in mind that, since these treats are mini in size, they’re fun to enjoy anytime during the week.
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows tries to ensure that these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient list of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Ultimate mini ice cream sundaes with crispy peanut butter marshmallow cereal bowls
Make any day a celebration with these all-around delicious sundaes. The crispy cereal, peanut butter and marshmallows are the perfect vehicle to serve your favorite frozen goody and tasty toppings.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Rest time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3-1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Ice cream of your choice
- Whipped topping, as garnish
- Mini M&M’s, as garnish
- Chopped peanuts, as garnish
- Maraschino cherries, as garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray 8 wells of a muffin tin with the nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a medium-size pot, add the butter, and melt on medium-low heat. Reduce the heat to low. Add the peanut butter, and continue to stir until melted. Add the marshmallows to the pot, and stir with a rubber spatula, mixing until melted and incorporated.
- Remove from the heat, and add the cereal. Mix and stir until combined.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes. Add a scoop of the mixture one at a time to a well of the muffin tin, and use your hands to form it around the bottom and up the sides. You may need to add a bit more of the mixture as you work.
- Allow the bowls to cool thoroughly, then gently remove from the tin.
- Fill with your favorite ice cream. Add whipped topping, sprinkle with M&M’s and chopped peanuts, and top with a cherry.