29 Fresh and flavorful recipes to make before May is over
With our inaugural farmers market trip under my belt last weekend, I'm finally feeling like summer is just around the corner. All that glorious produce has me itching to make super-fresh and flavorful meals, fire up the grill and cool off with frozen (bonus if they're boozy) desserts.
If you're feeling like I'm feeling, then add these must-make recipes to your list, and start enjoying the delicious flavors of the season.
1. Mexican breakfast hash recipe
I would definitely be willing to wake up 25 minutes earlier to make this Mexican breakfast hash.
2. Easy coconut-kale breakfast smoothie recipe
As someone who does not love kale, even I have to admit that this green smoothie with tons of coconut and pineapple sounds pretty darn good.
3. Lavender whole-wheat muffins recipe
Get out of your herb rut, and add fresh lavender to your whole-wheat muffins for some unexpected spring flavor.
4. Tie-dye waffles recipe
Nobody will even think about Eggos with these homemade tie-dye waffles on the scene.
5. Gluten-free veggie burrito bowls recipe
Move over, Chipotle. This burrito bowl is giving you a run for your money.
6. Artichoke heart grilled cheese sandwich recipe
You might think this ridiculously cheesy sandwich is the best part of the recipe, but you haven't seen the smoked Gouda dipping sauce yet.
7. Slow cooker skinny supreme pizza mac and cheese recipe
It's pizza and mac and cheese combined. And it's skinny. Winner.
8. Low-carb, low-calorie fish taco lettuce wraps recipe
Make some swaps to traditional fish tacos, and you're chowing down on these beauties that you don't even have to feel guilty about.
9. Strawberry raspberry jalapeño gazpacho recipe
Branch out with your gazpacho — sweet and spicy is the new way to go.
10. Penne with pesto, potatoes and peas recipe
This penne looks like the perfect use for the fresh peas sitting in my crisper. And that runny egg isn't hurting my feelings either.
11. Open-faced garbanzo bean salad sandwich recipe
Open-faced garbanzo bean salad sammies are the perfect option for Meatless Monday lunch.
12. One-pan Thai basil chicken recipe
No excuses for not making dinner tonight. This Thai basil chicken is a one-pot wonder and takes only 30 minutes.
13. Triple melon mozzarella salad with lime dressing and mint recipe
This melon-mozzarella salad only looks like a fancy dish you'd get at a restaurant. It's actually super easy to make.
14. Baked tilapia with olives, red pepper and feta recipe
Tilapia is such an underrated fish, and this one-pan meal with tons of fresh Mediterranean flavors is a delicious way to try it out.
15. Tabbouleh-stuffed peppers recipe
These stuffed peppers are the perfect recipe when you need to use up all those herbs you have no clue what to do with.
16. Oven-baked orange-soy pork ribs recipe
For those of you in areas where it's still too cold to think about grilling, these Asian-style oven-baked ribs will satisfy your barbecue craving.
17. Raspberry spinach salad wraps recipe
So many good things in this lunch wrap: fresh raspberries, candied walnuts, blue cheese, spinach, oh my!
18. Fresh mango chicken tinga recipe
Mangoes and jalapeños give tons of sweet and spicy flavor to this easy chicken dish.
19. Easy tea sandwiches
Brunch season is in full swing — you're going to want to bookmark these easy but impressive tea sandwich recipes.
20. Spicy grilled shrimp kebab lettuce wraps recipe
It's totally acceptable to eat with your hands when it's grilled shrimp lettuce wraps with spicy corn salad.
21. Healthy veggie power bowl recipe
Pick from three tasty homemade salad dressings to really amp up the flavor of this veggie power bowl.
22. Hawaiian pizza pita pockets recipe
Pizza night twist — serve Hawaiian-style toppings (with plenty of cheese) in a pita pocket.
23. Strawberry avocado goat cheese panini
Strawberry and avocado might sound like an odd flavor combo, but don't knock it till you've tried it. It just might become your new favorite sandwich.
24. Grilled chicken with kiwi salsa and coconut rice recipe
This grilled chicken meal brings the flavor — big time. And it's pretty easy too.
25. Chocolate-espresso cupcakes with fresh raspberry filling recipe
These decadent cupcakes have a fresh fruit surprise inside. (But really, I just want to lick that frosting off the top.)
26. Strawberry mojito cupcake recipe
Cocktails turned into cupcakes sounds like a fantastic idea to me.
27. Homemade boozy Dole Whip recipe
No need for a trip to Disney for this adults-only version of the luscious Dole Whip.
28. Triple-layer margarita ice pops recipe
The next best thing to margaritas has got to be spiked margarita pops.
29. Pineapple-coconut no-bake cheesecake recipe
Any cheesecake that takes only 10 minutes to prep is fine by me. Even better when it's no-bake.