Let’s face it — some days are just crazy, especially when it comes to the mornings. With school, work and everything in between, breakfast can easily make or break how you start the day.
Since we love scrambled eggs and sausage but don’t always have enough time to make it in the morning, I whipped up these easy stuffed breakfast croissants, perfect for eating on the go. These are filling, delicious and better than anything a drive-thru can offer.
I used an all-natural, prepared croissant dough I found at my local health food store, and rather than pork sausage, I used a nitrate-free chicken-apple sausage, local eggs and mozzarella cheese. Feel free to play with ingredients you have on hand. These are basically fail-proof.
Sausage-, egg- and cheese-stuffed croissants recipe
All-natural, nitrate-free, chicken-apple sausage is stuffed into flaky croissant dough along with organic eggs and mozzarella cheese for a grab-and-go breakfast.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans prepared croissant dough
- 1 cup crumbled, precooked chicken-apple sausage
- 8 whole organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or other cheese)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out both cans of croissant dough, and cut each roll into 4 triangles for a total of 8.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Into a mixing bowl, crack the eggs, and beat until frothy. Add in the heavy whipping cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are perfectly scrambled. Remove from the heat, and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooled slightly, divide the eggs, sausage and shredded cheese among the croissant triangles, placing the filling at the widest part of the dough.
- Roll the dough to form a croissant, being careful so that the filling does not fall out.
- Place the croissants onto the baking sheet, and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy warm, or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.