If you love garlicky and cheesy flavors, then you are in for a treat, because this homemade snack is loaded with them. These potato skins are quite addictive once you pop one into your mouth.
You might not even need to dip them into anything, because as is, they are already so rich in flavor. Garlic, Parmesan and fresh rosemary are my favorite ingredients to mix with roasted potatoes, so these three work like magic on this snack.
One great thing about making potato skins is that you get to make two recipes in one. The skins become great snacks or appetizers, while the unused flesh goes to dinner as a side dish. No waste there. Your mom will be so proud!
Garlic-Parmesan potato skins recipe
Potato skins are great snacks or appetizers, especially when you make them rich with flavors. Try this simple combination of garlic and Parmesan cheese with a toss of fresh rosemary.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 1 hour 18 minutes | Inactive time: 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 43 minutes
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick the potatoes all over with the tip of a sharp knife, and place them onto a baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender, and then let them cool down until they can be handled easily without getting burned. Baking time depends on the size of your potatoes. The smaller they are, the less time they need to cook.
- Cut them in half lengthwise and then into quarters or wedges. Scoop out the pulp, leaving just a thin layer on the skin. You can use the pulp for other recipes.
- Place the potato skins onto a baking pan lined with baking paper. Drizzle them with the olive oil, add the garlic, salt and rosemary, and mix well.
- Bake them again for about 15 minutes or until they turn brownish on the edges.
- Take them out of the oven, and mix in the Parmesan cheese, leaving about 2 tablespoons for sprinkling after they are cooked. Bake for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan, and serve immediately with your favorite dip.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.