Simple vegan pasta with green chilies and lemon is a cinch to make
Spicy green chilies, fresh lemon, olive oil and a splash of agave are all you need for the base of this healthy vegan pasta dish. Add pops of color from other vegetables like red onions or tomatoes and cilantro for a delicious vegan meal.
Keeping things light and bright in the kitchen can make for easy yet delicious meals. In this super-easy pasta dish, I kept it vegan but super flavorful. I used cooked pasta and tossed it with diced green chili peppers, olive oil, lemon juice and zest and a splash of agave for a hint of sweetness.
While it sounds basic, the flavors really do shine, and this is great for a light meal that won't weigh you down. If you have other vegetables on hand that you want to use up, then by all means, feel free to incorporate those in. Other veggies that would work well here are fresh corn, peas, grated zucchini or squash.
Vegan diced green chili, lemon, olive oil pasta recipe
Light and bright, these simple flavors are pleasing to all, especially vegans, since this dish is completely plant-based.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large lemons, juiced and zested
- 1-2 tablespoons agave (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pasta
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, such as angel hair pasta or linguine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Fresh arugula, for garnish
- To a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for the dressing. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth, and then set it aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and sea salt, and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
- To the pasta, add the diced green chili peppers, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Drizzle the dressing on top of the pasta.
- Using tongs, toss the pasta well to combine all the ingredients, and divide among serving plates.
- Garnish with arugula, and serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.