Grilled fruit kebabs with chocolate sauce put a healthy spin on dessert
Everyone loves dessert time, but keeping things healthy and delicious can be challenging. If you are trying to satisfy that sweet tooth or have little ones you don't want eating a ton of sugar when dessert time arrives, then try making these easy grilled fruit skewers with chocolate sauce.
Grilling fruit makes their natural sweetness pop, and dipping them in a rich, melted chocolate sauce beats those sweet desires without busting your belt loops. Kids will love this treat since the fruit is skewered on sticks. Make this easily outdoors on the grill or, as I am in this recipe, in a grill pan indoors. Either way, it's a delicious dessert everyone will have no problem enjoying.
Grilled fruit kebabs with chocolate sauce recipe
Assorted fresh fruits are skewered and grilled, then served with a rich chocolate sauce for dipping.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the fruit kebabs
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 cup diced fresh papaya
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup honeydew chunks
- Fresh mint, for garnish
For the chocolate sauce
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- To a wooden skewer, add pieces of fruit in your desired pattern. Repeat with the remaining fruit and skewers until all the fruit has been placed on skewers.
- Lay 4 skewers in the grill pan, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip them to other side, and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining skewers, and transfer them to a serving plate.
- To a bowl, add the chopped chocolate and sea salt. In a microwave-safe measuring cup, heat the heavy whipping cream for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, let sit for 30 seconds, and then mix until very smooth and creamy.
- Garnish the grilled fruit with chopped mint. Serve with the warm chocolate sauce, and enjoy.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.