Shirley Temple milkshakes are a decadent way to drink a childhood favorite
A shake with a cherry on top that kids of all ages can enjoy.
You know something is going to taste good when the ingredients are delicious all by themselves. Which is definitely the case with this Shirley Temple shake. Made with vanilla ice cream and the same ingredients that are in a Shirley Temple soda, this treat is not only pretty but also delicious.
It's so easy to make too. I think the hardest part about making this shake is finding the jar of maraschino cherries with the stems on in the grocery store. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally bought the jar of cherries that didn't have a stem on them.
So treat yourself to this Shirley Temple shake. And if you have a pink mustache when you're done drinking it, that's OK too.
Shirley Temple milkshake recipe
This delicious shake is made with the same ingredients as a Shirley Temple soda that kids of all ages can enjoy.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 1/2 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2 maraschino cherries, stems on
- To a blender, add the ice cream, lemon-lime soda and grenadine syrup. Blend on the milkshake setting just long enough to incorporate the ingredients.
- Pour into serving glasses, and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.