Weekend breakfasts call for something special. Usually that means someone standing in front of the stove, though, for almost an hour, either flipping enough pancakes or making enough waffles for the entire family to enjoy.
This breakfast bake not only combines deliciously creamy whole milk, buttery croissants and fresh raspberries, but it’s completely prepped (in 10 minutes) the night before and just baked off in the morning. Wake up a half-hour before the kids, pop this into the oven, and everyone will be eating a weekend-worthy breakfast in just minutes.
Raspberry and cream breakfast bake recipe
Prep this raspberry and cream breakfast bake the night before, and all you’ll have to do is bake it off in the morning.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 8 hours | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 8 hours 50 minutes
- 6 small croissants, torn into pieces
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Place the torn croissant pieces in the bottom of the dish with 1/2 the raspberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, and pour over the croissant pieces.
- Place the remaining raspberries on top, and sprinkle the brown sugar all over the top of the mixture.
- Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 10 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown and crispy.
- Top with powdered sugar, and serve warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our page on Facebook.