Dairy-free hemp pancakes make a tasty, protein-packed breakfast
Welcome the day with a fabulous and filling breakfast. Hemp pancakes are tasty and provide you with a nutritious dish to start the day.
I love using hemp seeds in baked goods, and now I love them in pancakes, too. This recipe for hemp pancakes is as tasty as it is nutritious. The hemp seeds not only add great protein and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to your morning meal, but they bring a fabulous nutty flavor and great texture, too.
If you love breakfast for dinner, give these pancakes a go. You'll flip over how filling they are, and how easy they are to put together. Serve them with your favorite berries, banana slices and syrup or jelly for a satisfying meal.
Who wouldn't love to wake up to pancakes in the morning? These hemp pancakes are a delight and make a nutritious first meal of the day (or make them as breakfast for dinner)!
Prep time: 10 minutes: Cook time: 10-12 minutes | Total time: 20-22 minutes
Yields 9 (4-inch) pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon hemp milk (we used Pacific Foods)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Berries, maple syrup and butter for topping
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, hemp seeds, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, hemp milk and coconut oil. Mix to combine. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. If you think the batter is too dry, add 1 more tablespoon of hemp milk.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the skillet with the non-stick cooking spray. When hot, add 2-3 tablespoons of the batter to form 1 (4-inch-round) pancake.
- When small bubbles begin to form and pop on the surface of the pancake, flip over and cook for another 30-45 seconds.
- Continue until all the batter is gone. Serve warm with berries, maple syrup and butter over the tops.
This post was brought to you by Pacific Foods. Try their Hemp Original Non-Dairy Beverage as a replacement for dairy in baking.