Attention, Chipotle guacamole lovers! You no longer need to put pants on when you want a guac fix. Cue the avocado happy dance.
That’s right. Chipotle has unveiled its actual guacamole recipe, and I couldn’t be happier. Now I can put that heavenly avocado dip on all the foods. And it’s actually super easy — just seven steps, and you’re chowing down. Pay particular attention to step 7. That’s the important one.
Chipotle guacamole recipe
Recipe from Chipotle
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño, including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand) and be a nice, dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half, and the remove the pit (carefully!).
- Scoop the avocados, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and, using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over), and adjust seasoning if necessary.
More on Chipotle
Chipotle goes GMO free and gives us one more reason to love them
Copycat Chipotle Sofritas are so easy to make at home
Chipotle delivery service straight to your door
Leave a Comment