Chipotle's actual guacamole recipe in 7 easy steps
Attention, Chipotle guacamole lovers! You no longer need to put pants on when you want a guac fix. Cue the avocado happy dance.
That's right. Chipotle has unveiled its actual guacamole recipe, and I couldn't be happier. Now I can put that heavenly avocado dip on all the foods. And it's actually super easy — just seven steps, and you're chowing down. Pay particular attention to step 7. That's the important one.
Chipotle guacamole recipe
Recipe from Chipotle
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño, including seeds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand) and be a nice, dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half, and the remove the pit (carefully!).
- Scoop the avocados, and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and, using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over), and adjust seasoning if necessary.